Forum is not embedding (on Weebly)

Re: Forum is not embedding (on Weebly)

GregChapman
This post was updated on .
Before you get to the CNAME step you should have forgotten about  "https://www.ezanimalrights.com/forum.html". You need to tell Nabble that your instruction about where to find your forum is no longer there but instead at your new sub-domain. You do that with this step:

1. Tell  Nabble that your forums needs to appear to be at: https://forum.ezanimalrights.com You do that on this screen:

Assign domain

then you need to tell your registrar that your sub-domain should be redirected to Nabble's server. You do that with this step:

2. Go to that CNAME form you posted and enter "forum.ezanimalrights.com" as the host and "s1.nabble.com" as the location it points to.

Remember, your forum is not at https://www.ezanimalrights.com/forum.html  That's just the address you used to use to tell your visitors where your forum is actually located.

Once Nabble sees those two steps are in place -- and that can take up to 48 hours from when you executed them  -- Nabble then sets the appropriate switches at their end to comply with your wishes.

Re: Forum is not embedding (on Weebly)

GregChapman
Just in case you're reading this topic on subscription emails, take note that I've edited my previous post. I hope it clarifies what each step does and its function more clearly.

Re: Forum is not embedding (on Weebly)

GregChapman
... And once Nabble confirms its done what you ask you can turn on SSL at Weebly again.

Re: Forum is not embedding (on Weebly)

wigbate
This post was updated on .
Thank you for all of this Greg. It is a big lifesaver.

Here is what I did so far:

- changed Nabble domain name:

- added the DNS record on Weebly for that name

I also switched SSL off for now - you can see at http://www.ezanimalrights.com/forum.html

Now that I received the email from Nabble that indicates that it's done, can I go ahead and ask them to set the appropriate switches at their end so that SSL is turned on from both sources?

Thank you again.

Re: Forum is not embedding (on Weebly)

GregChapman
During the process you need to contact Nabble twice.

The email you show confirms they've done the change of location of the forum on their side in response to your first request.

You now need to post on the forum a second time, with the request to implement SSL for you. I recall that you have done that once, but prematurely, so I'd do it again quoting the Nabble location of the your forum:
http://ez-animal-rights-forum.504.s1.nabble.com/
and the new address:
http://forum.ezanimalrights.com/
which you'll see is already working.

Once Nabble confirms SSL is implemented you can turn on SSL at Weebly and everything should work correctly.

And after that, for the final "tidy up", revisit the page in your forum where you get the Embedding code. That will have changed to ensure that Nabble is serving the forum under https:// Post the revised code into the page on your site where you have placed the forum.

Re: Forum is not embedding (on Weebly)

wigbate
Thank you very much, Greg. I have done as you'd said and requested the SSL implementation: https://support.nabble.com/Can-SSL-be-turned-on-on-Nabble-s-end-so-that-it-can-match-my-site-tp7613371p7613409.html

I will update you in the end to let you know that all is done, credit 100% to you (and to Gary)!

Re: Forum is not embedding (on Weebly)

Gary Lewis
Greg has done all the heavy lifting here.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Forum is not embedding (on Weebly)

wigbate
Very grateful for the help from both of you.

Unfortunately, after having turned on SSL on both ends, it still isn't working at https://www.ezanimalrights.com/forum.html

You can see that Israel just turned on SSL on Nabble's end, and I went ahead and activated SSL for Weebly. No idea why it still is just a link on my site.

Might you all have any idea why, and how to fix it? I even embedded the new (updated, I assume) code from the Nabble forum onto the Weebly page.
12