Requesting that SSL is turned on for my site

Re: Requesting that SSL is turned on for my site

wigbate
Thanks Gary.

I went back and took the embed code (which, now, has no "https," whereas it did yesterday when this was all working).

At least now no more 404, but now no HTTPS on Nabble's side (https://www.ezanimalrights.com/forum.html)

Re: Requesting that SSL is turned on for my site

Gary Lewis
I'm showing https on your weebly site.  If you turn that off & republish the forum should appear instead of the link.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Requesting that SSL is turned on for my site

wigbate
Thanks Gary, you are right.

Once I turn off SSL/HTTPS on my site, the forum appears instead of the link: http://www.ezanimalrights.com/forum.html

Does this mean that, indeed, Nabble is not in https mode for me anymore?

That's what it tells me.  When both sites or neither site has security the forum should appear.  But when one or the other does and the other doesn't then just the link appears.
I'm not Nabble support, but have Nabble running on my Weebly website: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/

Re: Requesting that SSL is turned on for my site

wigbate
Okay good - thanks Gary.

I will bug Israel about verifying in a couple days if this doesn't resolve on its own.

Re: Requesting that SSL is turned on for my site

GregChapman
I run over a dozen sites all with SSL supplied by LetsEncrypt, which I think is what Nabble uses.

I may misremember but recall that, LetsEncrypt issue certificates that are valid for three months and as they do so they plant a set of files on your server. Then, every two months, their bot checks those files exist and issues a new certificate.

Perhaps once in 12-18 months, for what ever reason, probably because their bot tries to find those while a backup or other process is running at my host, I get an email saying the new certificate was not issued and I have to manually get LetsEncrypt to re-issue the certificate.

I suspect something just happened to be running at Nabble when LetsEncrypt checked for the presence of the files this time.

Re: Requesting that SSL is turned on for my site

wigbate
Totally makes sense, thank you Greg.

In that case, I suppose I will ask Israel to change it once more to SSL, since it is still normal http.

Do you know of any other forum services/platforms like this? Even if it costs money, I am willing to take it on.
12